NCEMA and its members annually honor those individuals and organizations that have made significant contributions to support and develop the emergency management community in North Carolina through four different awards detailed below. Nominations are taken throughout the year and awards are presented at the annual fall conference.
This award is presented to the person outside of the Emergency Management family who has exhibited outstanding support and leadership to emergency management agencies. This support was accomplished through any programs or assistance that has enhanced emergency management operations.
This award is presented to the North Carolina Division of Emergency Management employee who has demonstrated outstanding achievement in assisting Local Emergency Management Coordinators with programs, incidents, and information. This person has demonstrated their willingness to not only assist local programs but also is committed to the excellence of those programs.
- A minimum of two (2) years experience with the North Carolina Division of Emergency Management
- A written endorsement of the current manager.
This award is presented to the Local Emergency Management Coordinator/Director who has demonstrated outstanding achievement in their local Emergency Management program and has contributed to the overall good and advancement of the Emergency Management System in the State.
- currently holding the director position and a minimum of (2) years experience as a director
- minimum of an Executive Emergency Manager certification
- written endorsement from Manager or Chairperson.
This award is presented to the Local Emergency Management Staff Person who has demonstrated outstanding achievement in their local Emergency Management program, through promoting Emergency Management among other County and State agencies and elected officials.
- a minimum of two (2) years experience
- minimum of an Associate Emergency Manager certification
- the written endorsement from Manager or Chairperson.
Nominations should be mailed or emailed, with supporting documentation, (to arrive no later than Wednesday, August 31st, 2022 at 5:00 p.m.) to:
6121 Yates Mill Pond Rd
Raleigh, NC 27606
Nomination and Supporting Documentation Should Include:
- Full Name of Nominee and Agency Name
- Person making nomination and Agency Name
- Professional Achievements, Awards, and Certifications
- Summary of Contributions to meet the Award nominated for, and contributions in general to the Emergency Management System
- Endorsements from Managers, Chairperson, and other agency heads.